Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter -- So good!


It's been a bust book reading week. I'll do just about anything to avoid writing the end to a book (Once, I even folded all the laundry), but this week, I have read some truly amazing stories. My favorite, so far, is The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter. 



Twists and turns abound in this psychological drama about Megan Ashley, daughter of writing sensation, Francis Ashley. Desperate to understand her troubled relationship with her mother or destroy it once and for all, Meg sets out to write a tell-all-my-mama's-worse-than-yours novel. To do this, she travels to the island that inspired her mother's sensational novel. Oh man. This book was a journey for me and Megan. By the end, I couldn't decide who I wanted to be the killer. With so many twisty turns, I couldn't wait to find out. 5 stars for excellence!
I was given this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.